Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Busy, busy me!

Holy moly, it seems like work never stops! I'm an Event Planner for a direct marketing company in Lehi and I enjoy it - especially the distributors I get to meet from all over the world. They are fabulous people! Being the only planner for this company that has an event EVERY month, I get really swamped. I enjoy tending to all of the little details, but man, it can make a girl tired. I just came back from doing an event at the Gaylord Opryland Resort in Nashville. The event was fabulous! Everyone was excited and left with a greater desire to get out there and achieve their goals, which is exactly what we like to hear. I left with a greater desire for a little time off! Luckily I was able to tack on a stop-over in Charlotte for a few days to visit Caiti, Kurt & the boys. My Dave booked a flight and met me there. It was so nice to see him after the stress of those days in Nashville! He's such a calming presence in my life. I appreciate him so much!
Two of my favorite trips total relaxation are being at Caiti's and being in Hawaii. Caiti is another calming presence in my life. It's so nice to know that I don't have to do ANYTHING when I'm visiting her. I can sit and chill with the nephews (they are growing up so fast!), do a little shopping, take a wee drive, and sleep as long as I want. Seriously, it is heaven to me. This time it was fun to watch Dave playing anything from football to bey-blades with Gavin & Ryan. It was also adorable to watch 7 year old Ryan trying to be as cuddly with Dave as I was. He loves "Uncle" Dave.
Since Caiti's internet card didn't work so well on my computer, I was forced to do as little work as possible. Totally fine with me.
Being back at work for 3 days I'm already ready to go back to Charlotte. Work is good, but vacation is so very nice.
The cute ones below...


Liam at 5 months. He is a happy baby boy!

Gavin, Ryan, Auntie & Dave. Doing what we do best.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Glad you got to go out there and visit those guys. Glad Dave was able to join you too. you guys are tote the cuteness.

Unknown said...

Goodly Iran-

I am so happy that things are going well with you, that you have secured employment, and you have another male nephew to spoil.

Cheers!

Miss Kendra said...

Did you know that you have my dream job? can you hire me as your assistant? Please???

Carrie said...

That is so cool that you are doing events! I can't imagine how busy you must be! I always thought events was such a non stop job. You always end up in the perfect place :) I'm glad you are doing so great!