Tuesday, November 25, 2008
So, last night I spent some time at a play with my 8 year old nephew Kai. He's such a funny kid, and he seems to really like spending time with his 32 year old Auntie. He is never in a hurry to get back to his own friends (weird). Last week we began our x-mas tradition of driving around the town looking at lights. Granted, there were not so many houses with lights up yet, but we figured we'd give a big shout-out to those who did. This tradition began with our annual x-mas sleep-over. When I had my own apartment for a few years, Kai and Kalin loved having sleep-overs at my house. Basically, it involved x-mas movies, treats, and a lot of cocomotion! I love this tradition. However, before the sleep-over hoop-lah began, we'd go on a long drive around Orem & Provo just to look at the bounteous x-mas lights. Kalin doesn't like drives quite as much, but Kai has always loved them (he's just like his Auntie). Anyway, I love my little friend Kai. I don't know why he likes spending so much time with me, but it sure makes me feel good. So, today I give thanks not only to Kai for his unconditional love, but to all of my nephews. I don't think they'll ever know how much I love them, or how special they make me feel. I am a very lucky Auntie to Kalin, Kai, Gavin, Ryan, Owen & Aidan. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Ya tebya lublu!
Monday, November 24, 2008
Shannon's husband Ryan recently found this (we must have done this 3 years or so ago) and she recently posted it on her site. Shannon is a self-taught guitar player, btw. We always enjoy harmonizing to Indigo Girls songs, and this was one of those moments - even though it's one of the more interesting songs (and not so much one that has harmony), but oh, the passion!
Romeo & Juliet...
You might think I was drunk, but nay. I've never touched the stuff. Enjoy!
Friday, November 21, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
1. I'm thankful to have a job. In this time of economic hardship, I am blessed to have worked for a great company for four years. I'm also thankful for the people I work with. There are up and down times for sure, but overall, there is fun to be had and a lot of really great friendships made in the process. Go XanGo!
2. I'm thankful for two lovely roommates. I lived alone for a few years, but have felt such a renewal of spirit since I moved in with Mel and Marcole. I'm thankful to them for their friendship.
More gratitude to come...
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Well, as luck would have it, those 5 dudes have surfaced in the industry again and graced our state last weekend with a come-back concert. What a memory trip! While I'm not big on their music anymore, I had a great time re-living those memories on Saturday night.The dudes.
Rob, me and Shannon pre-concert.
Um, ok, Karen and Shannon were CRYING! No, seriously, they were!
All in all, a fun trip down memory lane!
Monday, November 17, 2008
I'm selling a brand-spanking-new ipod nano. It has never been used, folks. Take a look at the specs:
What's in the Box
- iPod nano
- USB 2.0 cable
- Dock adapter
- Quick Start guide
Size and Weight
- 3.6 inches (90.7 mm)
- 1.5 inches (38.7 mm)
- 0.24 inch (6.2 mm)
- 1.3 ounces (36.8 grams)
- 2-inch (diagonal) color LCD with LED backlight
- 320 by 240 pixels at 204 ppi
- 8GB or 16GB flash drive1
- Holds up to 2,000 or 4,000 songs in 128-Kbps AAC format3
- Holds up to 7,000 or 14,000 iPod-viewable photos3
- Holds up to 8 hours or up to 16 hours of video3
- Skip-free playback
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Audio formats supported: AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV.
H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; H.264 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Baseline Profile up to Level 3.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- Built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery
- Music playback time: Up to 24 hours when fully charged
- Video playback time: Up to 4 hours when fully charged
Input and Output
- Dock connector
- 3.5-mm stereo headphone jack
If you are out of state, I'll ship it to you free of charge.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Happy, happy, happy am I. I'm sure you all are too. Hooray for us!
Monday, November 10, 2008
Kalin, Kai and Uncle Sean
Kai w/ cousins Owen and Aidan
Kai and Uncle Shane (Auntie Sharon in the back round)
Kai and Grandma
Kai and favorite Uncle Seanie
Last week I was insanely busy with XanGo's 2008 Convention in SLC. I hadn't a moment to add pictures of some events. Particularly those of Kai's baptism. I sure love this little boy. He is such a special boy to me. I'm blessed to have 6 wonderful nephews. Really, I am.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Just a few more pics for your enjoyment.
I don't think I've ever had so much fun on Halloween as I did this year. Coming up with the costume happened the night before Halloween as my roommie Marcole and I stopped by Savers. I had a completely different plan for a costume, but was all at once inspired once I saw denim dresses being sold. All at once "sister wives" came to mind, along with the high hair, and the attitude. We had a great response at work, and even out of the office (most weren't sure if we were legit or not). So hilarious!