Wednesday, September 5, 2012

33.5 weeks and counting

Hard to believe that I am actually in the 30's now.  It was hard to imagine back in the first trimester when I was sick all the time.  So grateful time is speeding up and we'll have a baby in our arms in no time at all! Yay, yay, and yay!!

The second trimester was fabulous.  I felt really good, and was mostly just tired - as is expected.  The third trimester has brought with it lots of fun stuff! Really, nothing was worse than the first.  I can't complain about this last trimester.  I will tell you, however, about some of the fun things that are experienced.  1) Rashes from the Summer heat (remind me not to be pregnant during the Summer again).  2) Wanting to eat or even drink a full glass of water and not being able to, due to the room the baby has taken in my tummy.  There is nothing worse than being so, so thirsty and feeling like I could throw it all up because my stomach just can't hold it all.  Meals are small (even though I crave eating a full meal), and are eaten more often.  3) Boob sweat.  Yes, I said it.  I dunna like it. 
4) Heartburn - ack! I had acid reflux before I got pregnant, and pregnancy has only exacerbated the problem - especially the third trimester.  I have to be so cautious of what I eat.  No caffeine whatsoever, no fried foods whatsoever, and very little citrus.  Even on a 'bland' day I can potentially have problems.  The thing I hate is waking up in the middle of the night (it's usually when I have changed to my right side - big mistake) and almost choking on the acid that has infiltrated my throat.  Oh, it's so horrible! 5) I can no longer be content just hanging out at home after work.  Lately the normal routine has been giving me anxiety.  I have found myself looking for projects to do, people to visit, books to read, etc.  For those of you who know me well, this isn't the norm.
6) Emotions are right there on the surface.  For those most part throughout this pregnancy I have felt really good emotionally.  Of course there have been moments, but nothing out of the ordinary.  This third trimester my down days have been a bit more often than normal.  Oh, my dear Dave must be weary of those days.  Sorry honey! 7) Round ligament pain.  Oh, this one is fun.  This is what makes me grunt or make a face every time I bend down, get in and out of the car, turn side to side at night, or get up from a sitting position.  There is pain, yes.  These ligaments are getting my body ready to have the baby.  This is what causes my pregnant waddling.  8) Stiff hands.  This is a weird phenomenon, but it actually feels like I have arthritis in my hands.  Crazy pregnancy hormones. 

I know there is more, but this is all I could come up with at the moment.  Lots of fun, huh! But seriously, I am thankful - so thankful to be pregnant right now and to have this little miracle growing inside of me.  I love her kicks and the fact that they are stronger every day.  I love our baby girl.  Can't wait to meet her!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh, I have so much to look forward to someday! You are my hero and I pray that you'll be comfortable and all will be well with you and the little girl. :)

Caitilin said...

I love hearing you (complain) talk about pregnancy. It brings it all into prospective.

Caitilin said...

ha ha ha! :)

Team O'Connor said...

You are a trooper! Haha. I'm sure you're loving every second of the pain though :) I can't wait to see your sweet baby's face!

Kelsey K. Hartley said...

Hurray to be so close to the finish line! My neighbor, she's in her 1st trimester, and said she's nervous about labor & delivery. I reassured her that she'll get to a point in pregnancy where she will be only too glad to go into labor if it means getting that bundle of joy out! I suspect you may be in this realm. And, well, It's awesome to finally meet them. I get the arthritis symptoms as well. It eventually goes away:)