Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference Weekend


Every 6 months, the LDS church holds its world-wide General Conference. It is always the same time of year, Fall and Spring (which just happen to be my top two seasons). I always look forward to inspiring talks from our leaders, singing from the Mo-Tab (Mormon Tabernacle Choir) and a renewal of spirit. However, I also look forward to spending time with family and taking the traditional drive into the Provo Canyon only minutes from my house in between sessions. Conference usually brings with it lovely weather, but every now and then we have what some might call bad weather. I call it heaven. Yesterday I woke up to the sound of rain outside my window, which of course meant I got to stay in my cozy bed and do absolutely nothing but watch conference! Oh, how I love it! Of course I love a sunny day, but there is something about a rainy day that enchants me. I think I may have inherited this from my parents :)

Well, today started out rainy, but by the time the first session of conference was over, the sun peaked out through the low lying clouds. This is when I decided to take the much anticipated drive through the Autumn-themed canyon with my nephew Kalin in tow. The trees and shrubs were drenched in pink, red, orange, and yellow. It was absolutely breathtaking! Even Kalin (who shows very little emotion) was impressed. We drove up to Vivian park, then to South Fork where it was raining just a bit. We got out of the car at this point to feel the cool air and rain on our faces. Blissful is the only word I can think to describe it. Truly, it was bliss. I'm amazed at this beautiful earth, and give thanks that I can enjoy its wonders every day.
Here is a pic of Kalin and I at Vivian Park. He's only 13, and he's taller than me!
A lovely weekend, indeed. How was yours?



4 comments:

Kalli Ko said...

I miss your face.

and um, would you mind removing my last name from your blog roll darling?

The blogging Bakers said...

I love fall too. I wish there was a little more of it in so cal but at the end of the day,I love my sunny 75 degree weather.
i would love a drive through the canyon too. fun tradition.

karen louise said...

No way Kalin is that big...wasn't he just barely born? WOW!

Ashley said...

Love your thoughts!