Thursday, January 31, 2008

Hot-hot-hot-hot chocolate!


Last night before going to a Jazz game with some of my co-workers, we stopped off at a quaint little place called the Cocoa Caffe on 9th south in SLC. Whether you be a cocoa conossieur or not, it is absolutely imperative that you sample their chocolate fare! I have never been so taken aback by the thickness of a cup of cocoa. It literally tasted like a melted dark chocolate bar! About two months ago I stopped eating anything with sugar in it, but I was assured by Chris, a fellow non-sugar eater that this cup of cocoa would not enduce a sugar headache. Each sip proved to be better than the first. I was reminded of a familiar children's christmas book 'The Polar Express'. While in the train on their way to the polar express, Chris Van Allsburg describes the children drinking hot cocoa that taste like melted chocolate. Yumm... I always remembered that and with my first sip immediately likened it to what it must've tasted like on the Polar Express. Absolutely delicious hot, hot chocolate!

5 comments:

Nathan said...

Erincita!!!

I admire you for swearing off the sugar...

and this chocolate reminds me, particularly the way you describe it, of the "hot" chocolate I had all over Russia, Finland and Scandinavia...just sweet sweet fantasy melted chocolate!

I miss you Erin!

Erin said...

I miss you,dear friend!

Unknown said...

I miss going to the Jazz games with work peeps. How's your new job? You need to come over again and see us. I'm getting lonely sitting home.

reagan: said...

I looooooovvvvvvvveeeeeee chocolate. just thought I would tell you...ps I am adding you to my blog list....since we are friendly now.

Mrs. Misses said...

I want some!