Friday, January 18, 2008

Shannon says I'm a nerd...

...but I thought it was rather funny. Sometimes I think I'm funny - especially when Stephanie and I come up with funny ways of asking our boss to leave early. Here is the most recent absurdity...

Fearless Leader,

May we extend our heartfelt wishes for an enjoyable meeting in the ever-damp city of Seattle. Your absence is felt greatly, and lo, our faces do surely confirm the burden.

What doest thou in Seattle? Hast thou seen the ever-present and over-grown needle that points to the heavens? Or perhaps you have been so honored as to taste the fine cuisine of the western shores.

In our humble village of Lehi, we have experienced a great measure of cold. But alas, our hearts are warm.

If it be expedient unto you (and with hope in our hearts), we ask that we may, if our tasks be done, exit this majestic edifice through the southern-most facing door to be received at home by our ever-loving, ever-cherishing one hundred feline.

If this be agreeable to you, please answer in the affirmative.

Many thanks and happy journey,

3 comments:

Mama Cher, Ok, fine, it's Sharon said...

I'd totally let you go home after that! Way to use your English Major skills.

Shannon said...

YOU ARE A BIG NERD!!! Haha, no for real though I dug it. :)

Nathan said...

nerd? I think you're exceedingly clever....
you must have a cool boss!