Thursday, January 24, 2008

S.A.D.

I've always been a winter person. I love a good snowfall, I crave being snuggly warm in a blanket with a steaming cup o' chocolate, and I adore running around in the snow with my nephews. However, the past week of winter has got me wondering whether or not I suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder (S.A.D.) Read below:

Seasonal affective disorder (SAD), also known as winter depression, is an affective, or mood, disorder. Most SAD sufferers experience normal mental health throughout most of the year, but experience depressive symptoms in the winter or summer. The condition in the summer is often referred to as Reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder.
(Wikipedia)

It's a blah feeling. This week especially I've been feelin' it. We've had extra dreary days. Not fun. Plus, I'm ALWAYS cold!! I'm actually at work right now with a blanket draped over me. Once I get home, I'm home to stay. There's almost no way to get me out of my little cave - because I'm wrapped up in the blanket(heaven itself)XanGo gave us all for x-mas (it is my saving grace this winter). I need some warmth! Suggestions, por favor.

Is anyone else feeling this way this winter, or is it just me?

9 comments:

Mama Cher, Ok, fine, it's Sharon said...

I'm with ya. I'm ready for spring. Or just anything over 40 degrees would be a nice change. Of course then in the summer I will complain that it is too hot...

Sarah said...

Lots of chocolate, a bath, and Ninja Warrior. That'll bring me out of any funk.

Shannon said...

I think you should get a sun lamp or something like that and sit under it, as if you're sitting in the sun. Or, I think you just need to move. But as Sarah said - Chocolate is always good. :)

Shannon said...

...and lots of flowers to surround you - lilacs & daisies. :) By the way I like your blog template. Very springy!!

Kalli Ko said...

put me to sleep and wake me up when it's like May or something.

I am over the winter, OVER IT.

Caitilin said...

Cheer up Charlie!

Caitilin said...

You need to move to TX or HI or AZ...say goodbye to those winter blues!

Daina Bitters said...

Erin, I found your blog thru the Herrick blog! Now I'll add you to my blog bookmarks! Yes! I am always cold too! I even went to get my thyroid checked, but there's no problem there. I don't know what to do about the cold--I HATE IT!

Anonymous said...

pharmacy salary tech buy tramadolpure hoodia gordonii succulent diet pills
[url=http://www.bebo.com/buyvicodinnow] buy vicodin [/url]