Wednesday, November 18, 2009

P90X

Have any of you tried this program? Holy moly, it's brutal. But, I LOVE IT!! Every morning at 6:30 I meet up with a group of friends from work to do this mother of all work-outs. For one thing, I am not a morning person by any means, so this is the first hurdle. I actually have to get up at 5:45 to get there on time. Oh, and did I mention it's a little on the chilly side in the morning? Yep. Then, of course, the program is tough. Very tough. However, I'm doing it.
People, I.AM.DOING.IT!!
It has been a long time since I've been dedicated to doing something physically like this (with the exception of the Tri). Every day I find the motivation to get myself out of bed and get myself there. Each morning when the alarm clock goes off, I really just want to throw it across the room and sleep forever, but I don't. I am grateful for the motivation - wherever it is coming from. I don't have any great goal. Like the traithlon, I just want to finish. I want to know that I did it. Losing weight would be a plus, but it's not absolutely necessary. I want to know that I'm helping my body be a little healthier than it was before. Plus, I have to tell you, I just feel good. It's nice to tell people that I've been up since the crack of dawn doing some serious exercising. I think they might even respect me.

There's a kind of glow in my face, and a spring in my step.

Is it love?

It's P90X, baby!

5 comments:

Caitilin said...

Are you bringing it to NC?!!!

Kelsey K. Hartley said...

I saw the info-mercials during 4 a.m. feedings Sadie's first month. That's when a new mom is especially susceptible to buying workout videos. I didn't buy it but that's the closest I've ever come to picking up the phone after an info-mercial. It looks effective and fun. Good for you. I need to exercise desperately.

karen louise said...

You go girl!! Woo Hoo!!!! I've heard that is a brutal workout, but awesome.

Unknown said...

Oh sweet friend, I highly recommend this program. I own it and have never felt like I was in better shape. Every time I start i get sick so I haven't actually ever completed the program but I believe it can make you ripped in 90 days.
Be ready to be sore for two weeks, but after that you should be just fine.

Team O'Connor said...

Oh Erin I know what you're talking about! I love P90X! The Air Force kind of got me into it and then I burned some copies and do it at home whenever I don't go to the gym. They are so hard but very satisfying when they're over. I'm proud of you! Even though the guy is one of the most annoying people in the world, he does have a rockin' bod :) Haha. Keep it up lady.