Friday, August 29, 2008

Boyz II Men... B-B-Boyz II Men


Last night I had the crazy opportunity to see a singing group that I enjoyed from my jr. high and high school days. As a matter of fact, I went to their concert my senior year with my little sister Caiti. As luck would have it, the boyz and I were re-united once again last night. No, no, they didn't come to the Delta Center (Energy Solutions Center) to thousands of screaming fans. They came to our beloved Scera Shell in Orem, UT. Oh, bless them. However, they did put on an incredible show! I was amazed to see that they really hadn't changed much. Their dance moves were in total sync and were absolutely flawless. It was pure entertainment! You know their songs - you KNOW you do! You're humming "End of the Road" right now, and you wanna break out and dance to "Motownphilly" in your desk chair! Yep, you do. Stand proud, dear fans! You must have a memory or two linked to one of their songs. Maybe you had your first kiss while slow dancing to "down on bended knee". Share! Share! I want to hear them... however scandalous they may be!

3 comments:

Caitilin said...

I am so jealous! And it was at the Shell?! How cool is that?! Did you have a good seat?! Who'd you go with? Remember how fun the concert was way back when. We had sweet seats and didn't we win them off the radio - or wait, Lisa Rossean was involved. Refresh my memory.

Karen Liu said...

OH MY GOSH- I LOVE Boyz II Men!!! You are such a lucky duck; wish I coulda seen them... the East Coast Family, Boyz II Men, ABC, BBD.. Loved CooleyHighHarmony with the hip hop doo wop sound. Awesome. It wouldn't be a high school dance without "End of the Road." I am going to go add "Water Runs Dry" to my player now. Thanks for the memories of one of my fave groups. "Doin' a little East Coast swing..."

Shannon said...

I still can't believe you didn't tell me that you had extra tickets! Curses!!