Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Weather, Spanish peanuts, and Rochester

So, I have writers block...or something. You know, I don't feel the need to write something clever in each and every blog. I want to be real and just write the things that are on my mind. But sometimes the words simply won't come. Are you picking up what I'm putting out? Ah, ok. Lemme try, then...

Today it snowed. It snowed a whole heap of a lot! I don't mind the snow. I don't mind that it snowed late in the season either. I know many people have issues with it, but I rather like the drama in weather and the very unpredictability of it. My favorite part of the 'crazy' weather was the rain beating down on the house and on my window pane last night. It's romantic to me. I believe my parents influence has me on this one yet again. Each time it would rain growing up - especially when we moved to UT (Hawaii was always rainy anyway) my mom would buy vanilla ice-cream, Spanish peanuts and chocolate sauce. Perhaps it was the lack of rain storms in UT that provoked it. Anyhow, we'd then watch "Little Women" (just the girls). I should also note that my dad is every bit of a romantic and likes to curl up with his book and a fire whilst a good rain is falling. I suppose that is what feeds my craving for the weather experienced last night. I bask in it like I would bask in the sun on the shores of Mexico! Truly.

I love period films. I am at this moment watching "Jane Eyre" from the new Masterpiece Theater performance, and oh my! This isn't the first time watching it. I've seen it a handful of times, but with the weather, it was one I had to pull out. That Mr. Rochester, that dear Mr. Rochester. Would that there were a 'Mr. Rochester' for me. Bless him for filling my heart with romance on this overcast day. We all need a little romance in our lives, do we not?

6 comments:

Katy said...

I love the snow. It is so pretty this morning! Keep it coming I say

Unknown said...

Is that the movie with the pyscho wife who burns down their house and then they fall in love and make out in the burnt out frame of the previous house?

Yep. That is some good watching.

Erin said...

Yes, but he didn't know she was psycho when he fell in love with her. She was a mad woman, I tell you! He found his equal in Jane. And no, they don't make out in the burnt out frame of the house. If you only saw it, you'd understand! The Masterpiece Theater version.

Team O'Connor said...

Utah is the best place for curling up and reading or watching movies. I loved doing that, especially at the compound! The icecream makes it even more perfect. I love not knowing what the weather is going to be like 'cause then at least something is a surprise each day ;)

Malea said...

I watched that version a few years ago when I was in my craft phase. I would put the kids to bed, get out whatever I was working on, and watch a film based on a classic book. Masterpiece theater is wayyy underrated:)

Mandi said...

The flowers are beautiful!! love you