Thursday, April 2, 2009

Red Mango

So, I went with Rob and Vicki to this new, hip yogurt joint last night called Red Mango, which apparently is all the rage in Asia. Yogurt is not a new concept for me, but once I got to the front of the line and said "I've never been here", the guy on the other side of the counter started spouting the benefits of yogurt, which are: 100% all natural, fat free, rich in calcium and protein, and contains live and active cultures which are good for the body. Sounded good to me. I asked for a medium pom yogurt with sides of fruit and graham crackers. It was delicious! I was so excited to have found such a yummy treat, and one so good for me too!

One hour later... my stomach was not happy. I woke up at 2 am with my stomach in knots, KNOTS I tell you! It was very upset. I don't know why it affected me so much. I don't eat much dairy at all, so I figured that the live and active 'cultures' were probably trying to find their place in my acidophilus-free stomach. Seriously, I was so excited to have a new found favorite treat, but the stomach ache was almost too much to bear. It finally went away after I popped about 20 Rolaids at 3 am.

Am I the only one who has had this reaction to the delicious Red Mango yogurt? Do share if you have any insights.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy Cow really? Maybe it's time to go have an colonoscopy.

That troubles me that Red Mango is off the menu for you as is McDonalds Sundaes and Harmons family meal.

Well it looks like back to tofu for you.

Stephanie said...

I love Red Mango. I am so sorry that you can't eat it. I always get a small orginal, maybe try that.

Heidi said...

My sister is lactose intolerant and has to take Lactaid before eating ANY dairy, including yogurt. Yogurt is also fairly acidic, which is something I have to be careful of. It's so good for you I hope you can keep eating it!

GrammaColleen said...

Erin, every time I drink milk or when I eat frozen yogurt, the old tummy starts arguing with me. I guess it must be genetics; it was the same for my mom.