Sunday, March 7, 2010

Pensamientos

Friends, I have a lot of thoughts. With those thoughts come ranges of feelings. Sometimes there is simply too much to share, and since I can rarely do sharing my innermost feelings justice, I'm not gonna share 'em! Bless me. I'd rather some of my favorite poets and songwriters do that for me. My innermost thoughts will have to stay in my journal for now :)

So then, each day (or whenever I feel like it), I'm going to share some of that with you, mi publico.

Today I'd like to share a few from Emily Dickinson (1830-86). She was a poet that lived at very private, very secluded life. In her private life, she wrote 1800 poems. Here are just a couple:

I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.


Heart, we will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.

When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!


Wow. So much emotion.

I love it.

Stay tuned for more.

2 comments:

karen louise said...

Loved it.

Thanks for being willing to share! Cause some of that poem related to my own feelings, my friend!

Malea said...

The first one reminds me of "Have I done any good in the world today". Thanks for sharing, Erincita. You have not failed, indeed. ps, if you could share one pic of you and "the man", I could finally go on with my life;)