Monday, September 8, 2008

Weekend in California





My sister Shannon and I decided to head to Glendora, CA this past weekend. We went with one intention only; to attend our cousin Wendy's wedding reception. We were unable to go to the wedding and reception in Minnesota, so we (with Caiti's encouragement) decided to take the drive and surprise them with familiar faces at the second reception where the groom's family lives. We had a great time seeing Wendy and her new Steve O'Bryant, as well as Aunt Carol & Uncle Steve. We love them dearly and really enjoyed our time with them. I was reminded how important family is - no matter how distant. Their family has been a blessing to us throughout our lives, and we just felt like it was important to show them how much we appreciate and love them.

Sister bonding time wasn't bad either. Since all of my sisters are married, it's hard to get them away from their families to spend a little time with their single sis. Thanks to Ryan for letting Shannon get away for a couple of days. It was fun - except she was really bugging me! Haha! That's a little joke between little sis and me. It's nice that we like all of the same music (for the most part), and we enjoy singing in harmony together (my only complaint is that Shan doesn't like to share the alto part). Fun was had all around.

6 comments:

The blogging Bakers said...

Where is Glendora, I was going to give you a hard time if you came to San Diego and didn't call. I am glad you had a good time, it is always fun to get away.

Erin said...

Glendora is... off of the 210 to Pasadena and somewhere else... I dunno. I had a GPS that took me right where I needed to go!
If I was there longer, I'd totally come and visit you, sister!

Rebecca said...

Erin, I'm passing the Quirk tag on to you. See my latest post for instructions. =)

Lise and Pete said...

SO jealous that you got to go! I'm sure you had such a fun time seeing the family! I so wish we could have gone. Wendy was a beautiful bride! Looks like her husband could have some more Irish blood. :)

Shannon said...

Gag!! Why did you put those pictures up, I look aweful! Hi Megan, you're the one that was buggin'! Haha...good times!

Erin said...

Did you just call me Megan?! Oh no you di-int!